Tuesday 19 June 2012

My 'Everyday' Look.

I thought another good place to start my blog would be to explain a bit about what products I use to achieve my 'everyday' look. Above is just an overall shot of my basic products, but I'll go into more detail underneath.


This foundation is part of a mineral make up collection from an American brand Jane Iredale. I first discovered the brand last year when it was recommended to me at a spa I went to for microdermabrasion and oxygen treatment. I was a bit skeptical at first but I let the therapist 'make me over' and was absolutely blown away. This pressed powder is really light, it doesn't feel heavy on your skin yet gives great coverage. Because I suffer with spots, finding a foundation that didn't make me break out was the holy grail I never thought I'd find...until I did! The powder comes in 24 different shades, I use 'Warm Sienna', which was recommended to me at the time and I've never looked back. It comes ready to use in a clam shell case, and refills are available. The clam shell case in the picture is actually a granite special addition that was on offer at the time so I snapped it up! I only needed to replace my powder after around 8 months, which considering I wear it pretty much every day is not bad! If you're interested in trying this range then you can buy online from the official UK stockist.


This is the cherry on top of the cake that is my face. ha. My Jane Iredale PurePressed Blush in 'Cotton Candy'. It's a real girly, 'Barbie' pink and the photo doesn't do it enough justice. The size of the product is deceiving, it looks like an eyeshadow and when I first bought it I assumed it'd  be the first product I'd have to replace. HOWEVER, I bought it in October 2011, apply it every day and yet have only just bought a refill in preparation for it running out! This blush comes in 13 different colours, takes up minimal space in your make up bag yet gives maximum effect!


Now I'm sure you all know by now about Glamour and Benefit teaming up every year and bringing out beautiful diddy samples for us all to scour the shops for and buy 300 of! Well this year was no different, and out of the three samples put out I chose... the POREfessional! It's a lovely silky primer, I love the feel of it and it does a great job of minimising the quite open pores I have on my cheeks and nose. I'll definitely be investing in a full size version of this product (or in about 6 copies of glamour ;D haha!)


Picture taken from Google Images

I'm going to be quite honest here, I'm pretty indifferent to this mascara. It does an 'okay' job, it doesn't blow me away but I didn't expect it to for a 'drug store' mascara. This purchase was a quick one in order to replace my last mascara that my cat had rolled under the wardrobe and seemingly into Narnia. Once my cash flow is...well, flowing again, I shall more than likely invest in my favourite Bad Gal or try out They're Real! and pop another review up!
NB: The brushes featured in the first photograph are both Jane Iredale brushes specifically for their mineral make up. I can't stress enough the importance of a good brush, it won't eat your make up or deposit gross little hairs all over your face. Remember to clean it regularly and it should last you a very long time!



Beckey x

No comments:

Post a Comment